Kechara Soup Kitchen has:
* Grown from feeding 20 mouths per week in 2006, to feeding over 2,500 hungry mouths every week.
* Helped more than 100 people register and replace their Identity Cards so that they are finally "legally recognized".
* Provided hundreds homeless clients with medical aid, in both local clinics and hospitals.
* Helped groom over 200 homeless clients to successfully interview for jobs. All are now working happily in their new vocation.
* Registered more than 100 people into the proper rehabilitation centres eg AADK.
* Reunited five people with their families.
* Since January 2010, Kechara Soup Kitchen has served the underprivileged in Penang and since April 2011, in Johor Baru and Kuantan.
* In May 2012, the Kechara Food Bank was launched which engages with the public and private sectors as the dried food collection, management and distribution centre for charitable bodies and families who need it most regardless of race, religion and culture.
* A Mobile Clinic service was established in May 2012 to extend the soup kitchen's services and provide mobile medical care to the marginalized community. Kechara Soup Kitchen's long-term goal is to establish a nurture centre. which will provide training to enable the homeless to re-enter society as skilled citizens, transcending all barriers of race, religion and culture.
This is not just a worthy charitable cause, but a civic social responsibility. VajraSecrets urges our customers to support this cause by selecting any of the products below.